Open Transfers

Students who reside outside the Yukon Public Schools attendance area that would like to attend one of our schools may apply for an Open Transfer. However, the likelihood of an open transfer being approved is low due to our current class sizes, except for those approvals required by Oklahoma state law. Applications for Open Transfer into Yukon Public Schools will be accepted after January 1st through the end of May only. The following items must be submitted in order for an application to be considered:

An incomplete application packet will result in the denial of the transfer.  Please submit all required documents!

Where do I Submit Applications?
All Open Transfer applications are now online and applicable attachments must be turned in to the Yukon Public Schools Enrollment Center, located in the Yukon Middle School, 6th Grade Academy building, 1000 Yukon Avenue, Yukon, OK 73099.  FAXED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!!  All completed applications will be date and time stamped as received and will be considered on a first come, first served basis. You may click here to complete the online Open Transfer Application.

Application Review Process

Completed applications will be reviewed and approved or denied by the Chief Information Officer and if applicable site principals based on criteria including teacher to student ratios, attendance rates, and discipline history. Although requests for transfer to a specific school site are considered, transfers are approved to the district only. Notification of the assigned school will be given at the time of approval. Principals cannot make any decision regarding the approval or denial of the transfer requests unless approved by the Chief Information Officer or Superintendent.

Written notice of the approval or denial of a transfer request will be mailed to the address provided on the transfer application no later than the middle of June or as required by Oklahoma state law. 

Approved Transfers
If the transfer request is approved, the approval letter, along with all other required enrollment documentation, must be submitted during the time of enrollment at the Yukon Public Schools Enrollment Center. Please contact the YPS Enrollment Center for enrollment information.

Denied Transfers
If the transfer request is denied, you have a right to appeal the decision by completing the online Transfer Request Appeal Form.

Additional Information

If you require additional information or have lost or misplaced your copy, please contact the YPS Enrollment Center by calling (405) 265-1300. You may also visit our Online Help Center for common questions and answers regarding Enrollment by visiting  

Transportation is not provided for out-of-district transfer students!