School districts in Oklahoma have the option of offering Pre-K programs to eligible students. Because class size is limited to 20 students, Yukon Schools uses a “Pre-K Drawing” method to determine who may attend. The process for pre-enrollment in the program begins in early March prior to the beginning of the following school year. Parents interested in having their child attend should contact their local elementary school the first week of March 2013. Parents are required to provide transportation.
Pre-K Pre-Enrollment Process:
1) Parents complete Pre-K Application Card (March 1 - 26, 2013).
2) Drawing to determine who may attend (1st-March 28; 2nd-March 29).
3) Incomplete enrollment forms due to the YSEC (April 19, 2013).
Specific school enrollment dates and enrollment procedures will be
included with the application packet available at your home school.
• Age: Students must be four years old on or before September 1. The official state-certified birth certificate must be provided.
• Proof of Residence: Two different utility bills as proofs of residency. Also you must provide mortgage statement, rental agreement or ad-valorem tax statement.
• Immunization Requirements: Look on the website under parent/enrollment or contact your home school.
Times of Pre-K Sessions:
• Morning Class: 8:00 am. to 10:45 am.
• Afternoon Class: 12:15 pm. to 3:00 pm.
For complete Pre-K enrollment information, please contact your local Yukon elementary school.