Helping Hand Volunteers &
Reserve time in your schedule to give back ~ VOLUNTEER!
This school year 2012-2013 marks the 43rd year for Yukon Public Schools vibrant volunteer program. Helping Hand Volunteers, Miller Mentors, Watch Dog Dads, community volunteers, such as OG&E and several area churches have donated time and talents to help Yukon Teachers & Students. Even before school begins this year, volunteers are needed. Enrollment Center & for YHS Schedule pick-up. For more details, volunteer requests Helping Hand news and events see: www.facebook.com/pages/HelpingHandVolunteers.Yukon-PublicSchools
Please send volunteer applications to Christal Whitmire - Christal.email@example.com Subject: Volunteer Application.
As volunteer partners in education, services are provided to enhance students and teachers lives and learning. We also provide parents and community members an enriching and positive volunteer experience while they are involved. We track and record donated volunteer hours. We appreciate every minute you give! Know what is going on in your childs school. We invite and encourage all parents and community members to be involved. Allow time to give back to your schools, volunteer for the best volunteer organization in the state.
Yukon Schools Helping Hand Volunteers - Call 405-354-3716 today. Volunteers are needed in each of the seven Pre-K - 3rd grade elementary schools, both the 4 & 5th grade elementary schools and the middle schools and the new high school campus. Please allow time in your schedule to get involved. Last year Helping Hand Volunteers, Academic Tutors, Miller Mentors, Watch Dog Dads and Student Helping Hands donated over 61,975.00
hours to help students and teachers. A volunteers national hourly wage is equivalent to $21.36. ( Oklahoma is $17.05 per hour)
Last year that represented a donated contribution to Yukon teachers & students equal to = $1,1323,796.68 ! Volunteer hourly monetary savings to YPS based on www.Independentsector.org. Click here to see last years statistics. You can sign up to VOLUNTEER any time during the school year. In the table below click on the Volunteer Description & Application and Background check forms to apply. All volunteers have to fill out a profile each year. Volunteers do not need to pay nor submit fingerprints. Background checks are due every three years.
MISSION STATEMENT & PURPOSE
- Helping Hands are dedicated to the belief that each child in our community should reach the maximum of its educational potential. We understand that children respond and benefit from individual and small group instruction, evaluation and guidance.
- We acknowledge some of the each teacher’s day is spent performing non-teaching duties. We also realize the need to free the teacher from these duties in order to allow planning and working toward a student’s individual learning.
- We realize by providing Helping Hand Volunteers to the school, it will be possible for teachers to use more variety in structuring classroom activates, which may result in meaningful learning experiences not possible otherwise.
- We acknowledge that by extending a “Helping Hand” to a teacher that many frustrations are resolved. Many otherwise impossible situations become feasible with extra interest and help.
- We realize that when citizens become involved in the actual educational process of a school day, either as a Helping Hand Volunteer, Miller Mentor, Watch Dog Dad, or a field trip sponsor, it builds better understanding of our schools and programs. It stimulates widespread support for public education.
"We make a living by what we do, but we make a life out of what we give.” ~ Winston Churchill